Challenges of Component Feeding in Life Sciences Sector
- Life Sciences and Medical Devices sectors are significant contributors to the global economy, driving growth and catering to large-scale, urgent, and vital needs.
- Life Sciences face challenges such as highly diversified demand, strict requirements for quality and traceability, and large volumes to be produced in a short time frame.
- The shift towards automation and robotics brings cost reductions in the supply chain and manufacturing operations, ensuring global sustainability and availability of essential goods.
- Innovation is requisite in this highly competitive, globalized market.
Technological Innovations and Production Challenges
- The Life Sciences sector demands flexibility, modularity, and quick adaptability to changes.
- Solutions like FlexiBowl offer much-needed adaptability and efficiency, making it an essential tool for advanced manufacturing processes in the Life Sciences field.
The Shift Towards Flexible Life Sciences Parts Feeder
- The rise of Industry 4.0 technologies pressures Life Sciences manufacturers to adapt their production lines.
- Flexible parts feeding, such as offered by FlexiBowl, provides significant adaptability in handling a diverse array of components.
The Case of FlexiBowl Life Sciences Parts Feeder to Automate medical production
- FlexiBowl offers versatility, increased efficiency, and adaptability, enhancing overall workflow in diverse production processes.
New Flexibowl® Certified
The versions of Flexibowl® certified for use in ISO Class 5 controlled environments as defined by ISO 14644-1 maintain all the functions of the standard FlexiBowl®.
- Pneumatic components specific for cleanroom use;
- Back-lighted glass plate
- Perforated top screen to favor laminar flow
- Available for Flexibowl® 500/650/800 feeding systems
- Product contact surface suitable for cleanroom use
- Cap in natural white polyethylene to prevent component jams at center
The Advantages of FlexiBowl
- FlexiBowl is a cutting-edge Life Sciences Parts Feeder to Automate medical production. It stands out for its easy integration, production flexibility, and accurate part recognition and orientation.
- It is suitable for handling various components including delicate and/or small-sized components, closures, containers, syringe components, test and swab components, and components of complex geometries and different material types.
- It is compatible to operate in environments up to ISO Class 5, according to the EN ISO-14644-1 standard.
Why does Life Science ask for Robotics and Automation?
- The benefits of robotics and automation technologies are crucial to the success of research and development operations as well as manufacturing processes in the life sciences sector.
- Smart solutions are required to enable human resources to focus on value-added activities, implying a shift from manual labor to automated machines.
- Increased business competition in a global market calls for innovation and better resource management, leading to cost reductions in supply chains and manufacturing operations, thereby ensuring global sustainability and availability of essential goods.
- The design of processes and workflows requires a thorough analysis to fulfill technological, legal, and organizational requirements, ensuring the ability to flexibly adapt them as needed.
- Reliable and resilient technology partners are necessary to comply with market standards, which can vary between different countries.
- Regular reviews are a key part of all design activities to keep up with constant changes at every level, in a never-ending transformation process.
- An efficient automation system must be easy to set up, reconfigurable, and flexible, capable of addressing industry-specific challenges such as quickly responding to changes and reducing time to market.
Embracing the Future of Life Sciences Production
- The future success of the Life Sciences industry lies in its ability to adapt, innovate, and respond to the evolving production landscape.
- Flexible parts feeding technologies like FlexiBowl play a critical role, aiding in the rapid production of devices, catering to a globally aging population, and meeting the growing demand for home healthcare services.
103 x 21 mm
147 x 5 mm
70 x 20 x 5 mm
150 x 0.5 mm
At ARS we support those Life Sciences industries which have important global impacts. As a technology partner we deliver highly reliable, cutting edge and effective products and solutions. Not only do we deliver solutions which meet the production requirements but they also provide all the analytics that are needed to research and develop effective products.
We deliver robotic solutions that enable further applications and opportunities Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics. FlexiBowl innovative design makes it adaptable to many different conditions and requirements. It facilitates lean manufacturing processes and helps to figure out new savings and business opportunities.
Automation, robotics and process optimization, data management and analysis, quality, safety are the base pillars which drive our business efforts towards robotic solutions such as FlexiBowl. Life Sciences can enormously benefit from such innovative technology and find a reliable and sustainable partner they can grow with.